Friday, October 11, 2013

Three miles in 30 days running program

This running program consist of three main parts, first fat burning this program will for sure burn fat. Second endurance you will have a much better breathing pattern during and after this workout over the next 30 days. Third, the shape of your body will change regardless of whatever it looks like now, after 30 days you will see a noticeable difference. Everyday is a 30 minute workout to be complete 4 - 6 times per week. So you will need a stopwatch or a watch if you miss more than three days per week you will need to go back and repeat that week. But whatever you do do not give up.





DAY #1 Though DAY #4
#1) Walk for five minutes, and then jog for 1 minute


#2) walk for five minutes, and then jog for two minutes


#3) walk for five minutes, and then jog for two minutes


#4) walk for four minutes, and then SPRINT for 8 seconds


#5 walk for two minutes to cool down.


DAY 5 Through DAY 9


#1) walk for four minutes, and then jog for two minutes


#2) walk for four minutes, and then jog for three minutes


#3) walk for three minutes, and then jog for three minutes


#4) walk for three minutes, and then jog for three minutes


#5) walk for two minutes, and then SPRINT for 10 seconds


#6) walk three minutes for cool down.


DAY 10 Through DAY 13


#1) walk for three minutes, then jog for three minutes


#2) walk for two minutes, then SPRINT for 15 seconds


#3) walk for two minutes, then SPRINT for 15 seconds


#4) walk for two minutes, then SPRINT for 10 seconds


#5) walk for two minutes, then SPRINT for 10 seconds


#6) walk for two minutes, then jog for three minutes


#7) walk for two minutes, then jog for three minutes


#8) walk for two minutes, then jog for two minutes


#9) walk two minutes for cool down


DAY 14 Through DAY 17


#1) walk for three minutes, then jog for six minutes


#2) walk for three minutes, then jog for four minutes


#3) walk for two minutes, then jog for three minutes


#4) walk for two minutes, then jog for three minutes


#5) walk for one minute, then jog for one minute


#6) walk for two minute cool down


DAY 18 Through 21


#1) walk for three minutes, then jog for eight minutes


#2) walk for three minutes, then jog for six minutes


#3) walk for three minutes, then SPRINT for 15 seconds


#4) walk for two minutes, then SPRINTS for 15 seconds


#5) walk for two minutes, then SPRINT for 10 seconds


#6) walk for two minute cool down


DAY 22 Through 24


#1) walk for two minutes, then jog for ten minutes


#2) walk for two minutes, then jog for eight minutes


#3) walk for one minutes, then jog for two minutes


#4) walk for one minute, then jog for one minute


#5) walk for two minutes cool down


DAY 25 AND DAY 26


#1) walk for one minute, then jog for sixteen minutes


#2) walk for two minutes, then jog for ten minutes


#3) walk for as long as you need for cool down


DAY 27 AND 28


#1) walk for one minute, then jog for twenty minutes


#2) walk for two minutes, then SPRINT for 15 seconds


#3) walk for one minute, then SPRINT for 15 seconds


#4) walk for one minute, then jog for three minutes


#5) walk for two minutes for cool down


DAY 29


JOG FOR 30 STRAIGHT MINUTES EASY do not over do it just a nice easy pace.


DAY 30


JOG FOR 30 STRAIGHT MINUTES AGAIN BUT TIME PUT MORE INTO IT, AT THIS POINT YOU SHOULD BE AT THE THREE MILE IN 30 MINUTES.

49 comments:

  1. I just started this tonight. I am preparing to run/walk the 5K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. I'm quite nervous because I am 320 pounds right now. I'm hoping to just not DIE doing this thing! :) But I'm also hoping this is the beginning of something new and wonderful for my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Jenny! You can do it!!

      Delete
    2. That is AWESOME! I'm doing my first 5k in January. I'm 270 pounds!

      Delete
    3. That's awesome!!!! You can do it!!!

      Delete
    4. It is an incredible rush when you finish your 5k! Never ever thought I would be 49 when I did my first one! I'm trying to do one a month. Jogging/walking outside is so much more rewarding for me. Find what you like best and don't let anyone tell you any different. I want to hear how you did!!!! Go girl!

      Delete
    5. Getting ready for my first 5K - The Diva Marathon in North Myrtle Beach on April 27th. How are you doing, Jenny?

      Delete
    6. Jenny,
      I did my first 5k last fall. Now I walked the whole thing but I finished and did a better time than I thought I would. It is about getting out there and doing the best YOU can do. Signed up for my 2nd 5k this spring. Do you train inside or outside?

      Delete
    7. Oh girl- you just go! I was looking at this wondering myself...I think I am going to do it too! Good luck and I will keep you as my inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Just started this yesterday and I'm pretty excited to see what kind of results I end up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on phase 3 of the program. It's really great! i can already feel myself getting stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started this the other day, but I'm only doing this to help with my track and field season! I'm only 13, 102 lbs. But I'm hoping this will help me in our meets where I run long distance and I'm hoping to do a 5k later in the spring with a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have faster results with this than with couch to 5k!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started this on January 13, 2014. I am from Ohio - we have had SO much snow this winter. I have ran in snow, sleet, rain, freezing rain, 40 degree weather (1 day I got lucky), but mostly negative degree weather. I have always wanted to be a runner, always. Two minutes of running killed me, I thought there was no way I'd make it to 3. Then, before I knew it the program was running me 6 and 8 minutes at a time. That seemed impossible. Then, all of a sudden it called for 20 minutes, NO WAY. I thought there's no way I can do that I've never ran for 30 minutes straight in 21 years of my life. I did it!! Can't believe this program and how well it helps you believe in your capabilities. I ran with a stop watch, and knew if I was out of breath at 10/20 minutes I needed to slow my pace for the next 10 minutes. My pace is still very slow, but faster than walking and it improves everyday (I didn't stop running after day 30 was over- I worked too hard to quit) this program allows you to push yourself and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to become a runner! I ran every single day for 30 days though, I did not take one day off. I don't think I necessarily lost weight maybe a few pounds, BUT my body is in way better shape and has toned up quite a bit
    (Especially my legs). I promise you will see results in 30 days!! Take before/after pictures and record your measurements before/after also!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you ran 30 minutes, did it equal 3 miles?

      Delete
  7. I'm on day 22... I really love the structure....do you have another program to help run for more than 30 min at a time? For when I'm done with this I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second this question. I want to continue to improve. Maybe work towards running for an hour!

      Delete
    2. im on 22 how is it after the 10min phase? and id like another program maybe even just 5k to 10k

      Delete
    3. Once you can run thirty minutes straight, it's relatively easy to add time. Just add 5-10 minutes to your run time every week. Monday 32 minutes, Tuesday 34 Minutes, Wednesday 36 minutes, etc. You can do it!

      Delete
  8. SMC...I am curious what weight range or size range you are. I am def not a runner and am def a plus size who works out 3-4 times a week. I started the couch to 5k last year before my first 5k walk/run. My goal then was to just finish and not be last. Well not only did I finish and wasn't last, I did the walk in less time than I anticipated. Already signed up for my next one this spring. My goal this time around is to walk AND run this one. So, I was just curious about you to see the probability for me. Good luck and keep running!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a little confused on how the program works, I would love to do this but I need to know what I am doing first. For example day 1 through day 4. do I repeat #1-#5 for 30 minutes each day? Or do I do #1 for the first day, #2 for second and so on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's for 30 minutes each day. So you repeat steps #1-5 each day for 4 days and then you move on to the next set of steps for days 5-9. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, after reading each step it made sense. Haha. I'm on day 2 now! :)

      Delete
  10. Is there a playlist or podcast that has the intervals with music?

    ReplyDelete
  11. About halfway through the program so far...going well. I have enjoyed this much better than C25K and appreciate the sprinting that is incorporated. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. im on day 23 an even not running for a week b4 this cause of a vacation im just adding an extra day of this phase im so much farther then i ever thought i would b but i still cant believe that in 2 more phases im gonna b running 30mins! its crazy ness i will say do whatever u can do to not look at that stop watch while running the longer times i try to listen to songs to time myself so i dont throw the stop watch for being to slow lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dad and my sister are climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa in September. My sister was telling me about her running training program. She runs up and down steps at the high school football stadium with a fully loaded camping back pack. Unbelievably, she does 3,000 "steps" per week to get ready for Kilimanjaro.

    bryanflake1984| http://www.styrkafitness.com/running.php

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm wanting to do this but I don't know how to breath properly when running and for some reason my back hurts I'm 47 and 142 lbs any suggestions on the breathing and I do not smoke

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did this and oh my gosh it was amazing. Even though it took me a little bit more than 30 minutes to finish the 3 miles, I could not be more proud of myself. For me, someone who couldn't run a lot before due to knee problems, to become a runner and almost run 3 miles in 30 minutes is beyond incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just about to start it so it's great to read your positive comments.

      Delete
  16. I was surfing looking for another 30 day challenge to undertake and found this - perfect for me as I'm reluctant to do it but know I need to! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for posting this! I am going to do it! I am 240 with diabetes and RA. I am trying to get it under control and this should help. I feel better knowing there are others like me trying this!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What is a good diet to do while on this program?I want to lose weight and tone

    ReplyDelete
  19. What is a good diet to do while on this 30 day challange? I want to lose weight and tone

    ReplyDelete
  20. Does this program help you to loose weight as well as help you get stronger?

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am trying to get myself in shape before summer. I am going to Adriatic sea and wish to look my best.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. On day 22, and i have to say this has been the smartest way that I've started running. I always have running phases that last a few weeks but then give up because I'm either overwhelmed or it seemed like a nagging chore for me to run. But now it's this satisfying activity that allows me to think, exercise, and have fun! It has helped me step by step. I didn't think I could do it at first, because two minutes knocked the win out of me, but now I'm running ten minutes and more! I can't wait to run 30 minutes and more without stopping, and all the future marathons I want to do after this program! Such a fantastic program, don't give up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks! Can't wait to try this tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  27. so sorry this may sound like a silly question but what speed is recommended in walk jog and sprint mode or do I just make up my own comfortable speed?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have been a runner for 15 years, with a marathon and several half marathons under my belt. Life got in the way about a year ago, and I stopped running. The couch to 5K was always a frustrating approach because it was too slow to get to miles. This plan is awesome!

    ReplyDelete