- 2 c whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 c lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c plain yogurt
- 1 lb carrots, grated
- 1/2 c golden raisins
- 4 oz light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 c confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat brown sugar and canola oil for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in yogurt, carrots, and raisins. Mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
3. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
4. Using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese and sugar. Spread over each cupcake. Top with walnuts, if desired.
Makes 18. Per cupcake: 220 cal, 5 g fat (0.5 sat fat), 41 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 260 mg sodium, 5 g protein