Sunday, September 29, 2013

How to: Reaching Your Weight Loss Goals


The problem with people who want to lose weight is that they're overly ambitious. This desire to lose a massive amount of weight can only lead to quitting early and big disappointments.

When it comes to creating weight loss goals, start first by creating a long term goal. Each goal you set should have mini-goals within it. This will keep you motivated and will serve as a barometer to your progress.

Here's an example weight loss goal chart. The main goal can be divided into smaller goals, and then once again into even smaller goals which are descriptive and easy to accomplish.

More free weight loss tips can be at the Free Weight Loss Guide.

Main Goal: Lose enough weight so I can fit into my old pants within the next 6 months.

Goal #1. Reduce the amount of food I eat.

Goal #1a. Decrease the amount of junk food I eat. Don't super-size it anymore. Order the small fries instead of the large fries. Order the smaller burger and chew it slowly.
Goal #1b. Order water, lemonade or Sprite instead of Pepsi.
Goal #1c. When going to a restaurant, eat only until I'm no longer hungry, and take the rest home to eat the next day.

Goal #2. Learn to exercise more.

Goal #2a. Take the steps at a mall or to my work, instead of taking the elevator all the time.
Goal #2b. Park a few parking spots further away when going to the grocery store.
Goal #2c. Whenever I get out of bed or from lying down on a couch, do 2-3 mini sit-ups to lift myself upwards.

Goal #3. Watch what I eat.

Goal #3a. Begin counting the total calories I take in by writing the totals in a weight loss diary.
Goal #3b. Assure that I reduce my total fat or cholesterol intake to not exceed the amount listed in the nutritional facts on the side of every food product.

1 comment: